Innovative Advocate Group, Inc. ("IA Group") is a third-party consulting firm specializing in assisting the State with audits and examinations to recover Abandoned and Unclaimed Property. Through our audit and examination services, it is the goal of IA Group to efficiently identify and recover property from Holders that are subject to report and deliver said property under the respective State Abandoned Property Laws.
• Interact and communicate with Holders to help ensure the information flow from the Holder to the audit team is efficient.
• Identify and clearly communicate accounting and auditing matters to senior associates, managers and partners (i.e. audit team).
• 1120 reviews (including review of Form 851, Income Statement, Balance Sheet)
• Review of Trial Balance accounts.
• Preparation of audit work papers as related to unclaimed property audits.
• Review of AR Aging’s and reconciliation to Trial Balance accounts.
• Review of outstanding and voided accounts payable and payroll checks.
• Prepare correspondences to Holders as well as clients.
• Participate on conference calls with Holders under examination for Abandoned and Unclaimed Property.
• Review of Holder’s policies and procedures in relation to Abandoned and Unclaimed Property compliance.
• B.S. or Masters in Accounting required.
• Currently pursuing CPA license or ability to obtain certification.
Skills & Requirements:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with professionals at all levels both within the client organization and the firm.
• Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
• Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S without sponsorship now and in the future.